In the year 2009, the Govt. of India approved establishing a Central Academy for Police Training(CAPT) at Bhopal to impart basic and in-service training to the directly recruited Dy.SPs of all states/UTs across the country. The project was to come up under the aegis of Bureau of Police Research and Development, Ministry of Home Affairs. A total outlay of Rs.281.00 crores was subsequently sanctioned for the academy on Oct.11, 2012. The MP Govt. allocated 401 acres of land for it at village Kanhasaiya, Tehsil-Huzur, Bhopal. The total area of 401 acres is divided into 3 parts viz Part “A”(118 acres), Part “B” (267 acres), Part “C” (16 acres).
CAPT is located on Vidisha Bypass Road, near Transport Nagar, Kokta, village-Kanahasaiya, Bhopal . It is about 30 kms. from Bhopal Airport and 20 kms. from Bhopal Railway Station.
OBJECTIVES AND MISSION OF THE ACADEMY
The Academy aims to impart basic training to Group “A” officers (directly recruited Deputy Superintendent of Police) of all the States/UTs across the country. It will also conduct in- service training courses for Group “A” officers of the State Police Force and Central Police Forces. The ultimate mission of the Academy is to develop itself into a Central Training Establishment for Group “A” Services.
The proposed Academy seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- To develop professionalism in Police Leadership .
- To build up a core of training faculty in Police Training Institutions in the country.
- To achieve excellence and professionalism in Police Leadership in general and middle level Police officers in particular.
- To build up a core training faculty and development of other resources of training in order to provide competent and qualified Trainers.
- To impart basic and in-service training to directly recruited DSPs of all states across the country.
- To impart training skills to trainers / faculty of police academies and training centres so that they are fully conversant with the skills needed to train adult learners.
- Conducting training for police officers of neighbouring friendly countries.
- Organising courses on Traffic management, Forensic science and medicine, Investigation and Prosecution of criminal cases and on Soft Skills and Emotional intelligence.
- The mandate of CAPT has also been enlarged by inclusion of public prosecutor courses which includes conducting foundation course of 3 months duration and short term courses of one and two weeks for the public prosecutors in the country in due course.
- Conducting Anti-Terrorism Assistance (ATA) course offered by US Embassy.
AS on date, 87% of the construction work is completed and the new campus is likely to be handed over to BPR&D with in next 2-3 months. The new campus comprises of Academic and Administrative blocks, Library, Forensic Lab, Mess and Hotels for different ranks, Community Hall, Residential quarters, Shopping complex, Hospital, Sports complex, Armoury, Model police Stations, MT garage etc.
Last Updated On: 04/11/2019