Govt. of India/Bharat Sarkar
Ministry of Home Affairs/GrihMantralaya
New Delhi-110001, 30th October, 2014
Subject:Reconstitution of Standing Committee on Police Training in BPR&D -regarding.
Withreference to BPR&D’s UO No. 53/4/2012-Trg-(PP)/BPR&D dated 26thAugust, 2013, approval of the competent authority is hereby conveyedto the reconstitution of the Standing Committee on Police Training in theBureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D) with immediateeffect for a period of three years. The Committee will advise the Bureauon matters relating to Police Training. The rules of Business for theStanding Committee are annexed.
The composition of the StandingCommittee will be as follows:
Union Home Secretary
Director General, BPR&D
Members (Officials) :
Joint Secretary (Police), MHA
Joint Secretary (Trg), DOP&T
F.A. (Home), MHA
DG CISF/BSF/CRPF (by rotation)
Director SVP NPA Hyderabad
Director, NEPA, Shillong
Members (Non-Officials) :
Shri K. Koshy, IPS (Retd)
Dean, Law Faculty, DU
DG, ASCI, Hyderabad
Director, IIM, Ahmedabad
Director, NCERT, New Delhi
Any lady Serving IPS Officer
Member Secretary :
IG/Director (Trg) BPR&D
Dy. Secretary (Police)
Tel. No. : 011-2309-3256
1. HomeSecretaries of all State Government/UT Administrators
2. All DsGP ofStates/UTs
3. DG,BPR&D, New Delhi
4. All Membersconcerned
5. All Heads ofCentral Police Organisations
6. Sr. PPS toUnion Home Secretary
Rules of Business of the
Standing Committee on Police Training
Following are of the rules of the business of the StandingCommittee on Police Training in the Bureau of Police Research and Development:
1. Advise the Bureau ofPolice Research and Development in identifying the problems and needs of policetraining; assist in preparing feasibility studies, including formulation ofmethodology and time schedule; and advise on the award of contracts (includingpart-contract) to individuals or institutions for production of educativematerial, appointment of consultants and development and evaluation ofaudio-visual aids/techniques;
2. Assist the Bureau inmaintaining/liaison with various Social Sciences, Management Professional,education, scientific academic industrial and other organisations andinstitutions (both public and private) and experts in various fields/and adviseon the production of educative literature, films, etc. for the purposes ofPolice Training; and
3. Keep a continuouswatch on the progress of various schemes and projects, for the improvement ofPolice Training, through small adhoc groups, where necessary.
The Standing Committee will meet asoften as necessary to ensure its effective functioning.
The members of the Committee will hold office for a period ofthree years in first instance.
The members of the StandingCommittee will be entitled to TA/DA in respect of journeys undertaken for theStanding Committee’s work in the same manner as members of the StandingCommittee on Police Research in the Bureau of Police Research and Development.
The Director General, BPR&D mayco-opt experts in various fields to the Standing Committee as necessary fromtime to time.